Wednesday 13 July 2016

Providence and Plane Tickets

The fog is clearing and I am beginning to see God's hand at work. As the clock counts down to take-off, it has become undeniable that the Lord is at work in my life. At 2:30pm today, I strolled into the diocesan head office to meet Kelly. She is in charge of youth ministry for Broken Bay, and when it comes to WYD, she is the expert. Kelly very kindly provided me with all the information and equipment I needed to survive the fast approaching pilgrimage. Towards the end of the meeting, a smile spread across her face when I asked: "So before I go...which flight am I on?" I think this question summarised for both of us, just how quickly this had all come about for me. 

The clearing fog

For the last few days I've been contemplating how all of this is even possible. Past experience of WYD's tells me that registration, flights and forms have to be organised several months in advance. When I inquired about this, Kelly confirmed my suspicions. She said: "God must really want you on this pilgrimage, because everything just happened so easily." This may sound like simple luck, but I remember attempting to work on the administration end of WYD back in 2011 when I led a small youth group of 10. "Easy" is not the word I would use to describe the rigmarole that surrounds a WYD pilgrimage. So I tip my hat to Kelly, and all the foot soldiers back in HQ who have helped make all this possible.
 
Oh, I forgot to tell you the answer to my own question: "When is my flight?" I fly out tomorrow evening around 9pm local time. All that needs doing between now and then is the game of Tetris with my suitcase. Currently, I'm losing.

 

Peace and blessings.
Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment